Central City Concern
Central City Concern helps those struggling with life’s biggest problems to end or avoid homelessness and build healthy, housed, resilient and engaged lives. Our vision is a future in which nobody in our community has to experience the pain and harm of homelessness.
Bottom Line for Portland
Every year, more than 13,000 people turn to Central City Concern for compassionate support to become self-sufficient and productive. In 2021, CCC provided a safe home for 3,896 people, connected 9,283 patients with compassionate, integrated health services and addiction recovery (including culturally specific services for the Latinx/Hispanic and Black community) and assisted 1,308 job seekers.
“The structure of being in a CCC program allowed me to be myself and take things at my own pace. When you get to know all these people and create these relationships, sobriety is the glue that keeps everybody together.”
Courday, former CCC program participant
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CCC is committed to removing barriers and advancing equity for the BIPOC community we serve by:
- Improving how we deliver culturally responsive services.
- Advocating for systemic change.
- Broadening our community partnerships.
- Prioritizing equity in our organization.
Read more about what we have accomplished and our goals for the future here.
- - Be one of the first 40 people to give $25 or more and receive a bar of soap from Clover Soapworks
- - Give $150 or more and receive a half pie from Dove Vivi Pizza
- - Give $10 or more to Central City Concern and $10 or more to Portland Animal Welfare Team on Monday, November 14 and receive a $10 gift card to Meat for Cats and Dogs (first 50 donors)
Clover Soapworks is small, local company that makes vibrantly-colored soap the old-fashioned way.
Dove Vivi makes cornmeal crust pizza with sustainable, local ingredients.
Meat for Cats and Dogs is is a pet supply store that specializes in raw food and holistic diets for cats and dogs
Year Founded: 1979
Tax ID: 930728816
Central City Concern is in the Human Services category which is sponsored by The Standard