Kinship House champions the successful, permanent placement of each foster child who comes to our door by understanding their unique history, culture, and needs on their journey to a forever home.
Bottom Line for Portland
Our team of child and family therapists and psychiatrists provide children in foster care with highly specialized mental health services regardless of their insurance coverage or ability to pay. By combining play, therapy, and whole-family supports, we help create the stability kids need for happy childhoods and bright futures – last year 92% of children improved or maintained progress toward mental health wellbeing.
Stable homes and strong families are the most important factors in a child’s life. That’s why Kinship House offers services to both the child and caregiver, individually and in joint sessions. One adoptive parent client said “Every family needs a support system that is knowledgeable about the long game. Every family needs Kinship House”
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Like the population in foster care, Kinship House’s staff is diverse and places great value on accessibility and inclusion.
- - Our staff and leadership include those with lived experience in the foster care system, and reflects the LGBTQ+ and POC makeup of children in foster care
- - Therapists receive regular cultural competency trainings
- - Clients can access services regardless of ability to pay
- - Double Your Impact: An anonymous donor has offered to match all donations made to our Give!Guide campaign up to $10,000!
- - If you donate $50 or more, we’ll mail you a Kinship House canvas tote.
- - First 15 donors giving $100 or more will get a free dinner at Portland Burger, including burger, fries and drink ($25+ value).
We're incredibly proud to be partnering with our friends at Portland Burger, which has a long history of showing up for children in foster care in our community.
On November 7th, Langer’s Entertainment Center will be hosting its Make-A-Difference Monday benefitting Kinship House! All day long, 100% of bowling and shoe rental revenue will go towards Kinship House!
Year Founded: 1996
Tax ID: 93-1180331
Kinship House is in the Health category which is sponsored by CareOregon