Learning Responsibility, Patience, and Compassion for All Life.
Bottom Line for Portland
Project POOCH, is a non-profit dog rescue and youth rehabilitation program. Dogs at high risk for euthanasia are rescued from local shelters and brought to the POOCH kennel on site at MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility in Woodburn. Youth who must apply and be selected for the program are then taught how to train, groom, and care for the dogs, and ultimately help them get adopted into their forever homes. Since 1993, Project POOCH has paired hundreds of homeless shelter dogs with incarcerated youth. Our mission is to teach responsibility, patience, and compassion for all life. For almost 30 years Project POOCH leveraged our expertise in corrections, youth rehabilitation and positive reinforcement dog training to further our commitment to saving youth, one dog at a time.
“Being taught to care for and appreciate these animals, along with the interaction we have with people from the outside, we learn to have compassion for things other than ourselves.” -B.N., Project POOCH Youth
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge the racial disparity, both in the justice system and in the animal rescue world, and we are committed to making Project POOCH more equitable, inclusive, and diverse. The youth at Project POOCH are some of the many people affected by the institutional racism in our country, and we owe it to them to continue to take a stand against racial injustice by listening, learning, and acting. With that goal in mind we strive to create an inclusive environment at Project POOCH where all feel welcome, and we are committed to ensuring the diversity of our community is reflected in our staff, board of directors. and volunteers.
- All donations before December 10th will receive entry to Rogue Ales x Project POOCH's Santa Paws Party on December 11th, where they will have the opportunity to have their photo taken with their pet and Santa!
- Donations of $25 or more will receive a sticker from Rogue Ales.
- Donations of $50 or more will receive a free pint of beer and a sticker from Rogue Ales.
- Donations of $100 or more will receive the aforementioned free pint and sticker, as well as entry into a drawing to win a Party Pack from Rogue Ales that contains three bottles of spirits (Dead Guy Whiskey, Farmhouse Gin and Farmhouse Vodka), a case of beer, a case of Rogue soda, and a case of Rogue tonic and ginger beer.
- Rogue Ales has been a long-time partner of Project POOCH. They are engaged as donors, they are represented on our Board of Directors, and they generously partner with POOCH to carry out events for POOCH adopters and all Oregon dog owners to raise awareness of and to fundraise for Project POOCH.