MISSION: Helping people transition from homelessness to housing
VISION: A just community in which everyone has access to a safe, affordable home
Bottom Line for Portland
Transition Projects exists to help those experiencing homelessness transition successfully into permanent housing and has 52 years of experience providing shelter, housing, and supportive programs and services for very low-income people as well as being recognized for our work with veterans, women, people with disabilities, and other highly vulnerable groups. Our team of over 350 employees assists 10,000 people each year through programs designed to help people survive the streets, find housing, and retain their housing.
Your gift helps sustain day-to-day operations, as well as supporting critically important services that are not covered by our public funding. Donations enable us to add to a strong and sustainable infrastructure and then provide the wraparound programs and services that will have the greatest impact throughout our eight shelters and on the streets. One program impacted by Give!Guide donations is our Outreach & Mobile Engagement program. The Mobile Engagement team connects people who are living on the streets in downtown Portland, inner northeast and southeast, and in camps throughout the metro area with resources and support services. Each day, this team provides outreach to hundreds of individuals and couples and focuses on connecting people to essential services and shelter as an effective way to help them move towards housing solutions. Key elements of success include utilizing our Peer Support Specialists with lived experience of homelessness, providing accompaniment to ensure that people successfully connect with needed services, and quickly arranging shelter beds for those interested in getting off the streets. Intense focus is placed on moving people to shelter or permanent housing and to health and wellness services.
"Getting off the streets was one of the hardest things I’ve done. Once stable, I decided that I wanted to give back to the programs and services that helped me move forward. Five years later, I’m managing a shelter, supporting a team, and helping people - who stand where I once did - to get back on their feet." Julia Bishop, Walnut Park Shelter Manager | Transition Projects
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Transition Projects is committed to creating and sustaining an equitable organization that is inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. We honor and value the diverse voices, perspectives, and practices offered by program participants (our clients), staff, volunteers, community partners, and our board of directors, relying on this diversity to create innovative approaches to providing services and to creating positive, systemic change. We recognize that our diversity is our strength, and it is critical to advancing our mission and enhancing the well-being of our community. For our complete Equity & Inclusion statement: https://www.tprojects.org/our-story/equity-inclusion
- - Qualified Offer: Donate $10 or more and you will become eligible for a chance to Tour the Sesame Collective which includes dinner for four people to Yalla, Shalom Y’all, and Bless your Heart Burgers.
- - Qualified Offer: Donations of $100 or more will be eligible for a chance to win Salad for a Year from Evergreens for two people.
- - Unlimited Offer: Donate $25 or more and receive a pass to the Columbia Sportswear Company Employee Store for up to four guests.
Thank you to ALL our outstanding business partners who support our mission year-round! This year's Give!Guide partners include:
- - This year, Tandem Property Management will once again generously match dollar-for-dollar, up to the first $15,000 in donations.
- - Columbia Sportswear has helped keep our most vulnerable neighbors in warm clothing and footwear for 20 years. Join us on November 5th for the 20th annual Truckload of Coats and you can help too! This event is sponsored by business partners Safeway & KINK FM.
- - We are so appreciative of our on-going partnership with Westward Whiskey and the introduction of their 2021 Benefit Barrel. Throughout the winter 100% of these sales will be dedicated to our mission.
- Additional business partners:
- - Anne Amie Vineyards
- - Geranium Lake Flowers
- - Portland Timbers & Thorn FC
- - Rose City Distilling
- - The Aimsir Distilling Co.