American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Oregon (ACLU)
The ACLU of Oregon works in courts, in the legislature, and in communities to protect and advance our civil rights and liberties. We work so our democracy can better serve all Oregonians. We aim to be a principled visionary – not only to respond to crises, but to create openings for the envisioning and creation of a more just, equitable, and caring Oregon.
Bottom Line for Portland
- The ACLU of Oregon is committed to protecting and advancing civil liberties and civil rights for all Oregonians. True democracy requires the voices of all community members and we center our work on those in Oregon who are historically disenfranchised and most impacted by systemic inequities.
- Our work continues to prioritize democratic participation and speech, immigrant and refugee rights, criminal justice reform, reproductive justice for all, and police accountability through litigation, legislative advocacy, and by fostering strong relationships with community members and coalition partners. Together, we are building a more just, equitable, and caring Oregon — for and by all of us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
For the ACLU of Oregon to do the work of democracy, we must center the voices of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), low-income, and other marginalized communities. We are committed to the ongoing transformation of ensuring our fundraising, legal, advocacy, education, and communication efforts are community-centered and led. We believe every person has inherent dignity and value. We seek to create real, not performative, strides towards public and community safety, holistic wellness, and community care through our shared values and democratic processes.
- All contributions (up to $10,000) from donors under 36 years old will be matched dollar for dollar by Nectar!
- Everyone who donates $25 or more will receive a 15% discount (valid till 3/1/2023) to shop She Bop's online store!
- The first 30 donors who make a gift of $75 or more will receive the highly reviewed Dame Kip vibrator donated by She Bop (valued at $85)! If you are a lucky winner, keep an eye out for an email from us at ACLU Oregon to coordinate delivery details!
The first donor under 36 years old who contributed $25 or more on December 9, 2022 received a $100 gift certificate to The Sports Bra!
Thank you to supporters who joined us in-person on December 14th for brews, food and trivia at Oakshire Beer Hall, where $1/pint and 10% of food sales benefitted our work!
ACLU of Oregon is delighted to partner with She Bop, The Sports Bra, Oakshire Beer Hall, and Nectar who are all providing incredible incentives to our Give!Guide donors. We are also proud of our continued support from Remy Wines, who will be generously donating a portion of proceeds from the sale of their Black Heart Blanc de Noir in support of our work and participation in this year's Give!Guide.