Artists Repertory Theatre
Artists Repertory Theatre’s mission is to produce intimate, provocative theatre and provide a home for a diverse community of artists and audiences to take creative risks.
Bottom Line for Portland
You shouldn’t have to travel to see or make world-class, cutting-edge theatre. Here at Artists Repertory Theatre, the city’s longest-running professional theatre company, we’re bringing the stories that matter to Portland’s doorstep.
We care about giving back to our community by celebrating bold choices, directly supporting local artists, reimagining an American theatre defined by new voices, and ensuring a lack of funds is never a barrier to art through hundreds of free and deeply discounted tickets.
“The arts are one of the most powerful tools for change. And how great it is to know that if we tell stories of Black joy, if we laugh with contemporary Native characters trying to fall in love, if we put stories onstage that celebrate the complicated, messy lives of three-dimensional people, that we are helping to move that needle on justice, on equity.”
- Jeanette Harrison, Artistic Director as of October 2022
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
ART recognizes the critical role the arts play in our culture and national conversation, and accepts our responsibility to enact positive change through our work, our practices, and our policies. We recognize that we operate within systemic racism and oppression and that silence and neutrality are actions of complicity. We commit ourselves to being an anti-racism and anti-oppression organization and ending inequities in our industry and our culture.
- All donors:
- - DOUBLE your impact! The first $10,000 in donations will be matched by a generous anonymous donor.
- - 30% off Nossa Familia Coffee (valid through January 2023 for website purchase only)
- - The chance to win gift cards to Mikiko Mochi Donuts or DesiPDX and a movie night package from Hollywood Theatre when you give during one of our giveaways. Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed as details are announced!
Donors age 35 and under:
Receive all of the above and
- - A $10 Nossa Familia Coffee gift card (first 100 gifts, valid for café purchases only. Donors outside OR will be excluded unless specifically requested)
- - The chance to win a Happy Fishhead Tattoo voucher when you give between 11/17 - 11/29! You can revive a design from Kat's archive of flash pages or collaborate with her on a custom piece. A total of 1,000 raffle tickets at $10 each will be available.
The Oakshire Beer Hall is a community-inspired small-batch brewing company that endeavors to partner with and give back to its community in meaningful ways. Join the Artists Rep team at their beer hall on November 29th – $1 per pint will benefit ART!
Nossa Familia Coffee is a specialty coffee roaster founded by Augusto Carneiro, whose family has been growing coffee in the highlands of Brazil since the 1890s. Named one of Portland's best coffee roasters, Nossa Familia is also the first B Corp Certified roaster in Oregon.
DesiPDX is a food cart located on Portland’s bustling N. Mississippi Ave. serving food inspired by Indian spices and flavors blended with cooking styles from the West and other parts of the world, bringing a modern take to classic Indian recipes.
Happy Fishhead Tattoo: A former theatre kid herself, Kat of Happy Fishhead creates vibrant, whimsical tattoos at Daydream Tattoos in Portland.
The Hollywood Theatre's mission is to entertain, inspire, educate and connect the community through the art of film while preserving a historic Portland landmark.
Alta ART Tower sits next door to ART's soon-to-be renovated home in Goose Hollow. Join us in the spring at Alta's penthouse to enjoy breathtaking city views and a special performance from award-winning Warm Springs rapper Scott Kalama aka Blue Flamez.
Mikiko Mochi Donuts: Owner and Portland native Alex McGillivray has been cooking in the city since 2005. His partner, Emily Mikiko Strocher, comes from a Japanese-American family who, every holiday season, comes together for Mochitsuki, a traditional celebration around mochi production. These donuts are made from mochiko, a sticky rice flour, in classic and fanciful flavors.